Table of Contents
- What is a #DayHike?
- The top five trails around the world
- Must Carry these essentials
- Benefits of hiking
- Hiking in Kilimanjaro
- Some pro tips
What is a #DayHike?
A #DayHike refers to a hike that can be completed in a single day. yay!!!
Here are the top five trails around the world recommended for a #DayHike
- Inca Trail, Peru
- Appalachian Trail, USA
- Kilimanjaro, Africa
- Kungsleden, Sweden
- Snowman Trek, Bhutan
Must Carry these essentials
- Compass and GPS
- Sunscreen & lip balm
- Jacket & Gloves
- Flashlight & Batteries
- Matches & Lighter
- First-aid kit & Water
There are benefits of hiking too
- Lowers your risk of heart disease significantly
- Improves your blood sugar and blood pressure
- Lowers your risk of early death by 40%
- Helps with weight control
What if you choose to hike in Kilimanjaro
Based on records, April receives the most rain falls within the year. Mount Kilimanjaro with its three volcanic cones, “Kibo”, “Mawenzi”, and “Shira”, is a dormant volcano in Tanzania. It is the highest mountain in Africa and rises approximately 4,900 m (16,000 ft) from its base to 5,895 metres (19,341 ft) above sea level.
Only if you have been in the deepest valley, can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.
– Richard M. Nixon
Some pro tips to make your #DayHike a success
- Always try to hike in a group. Going alone is risky.
- Stay hydrated! Carry enough water to last a day.
- Leave a map of the trail you’re taking with someone back home.
- Keep your pack as light as possible. Trust me.