Know how to apply for Pan Card Online. A PAN card is one of the most essential documents you need everywhere. After attaining the age of 18 you are eligible to apply for PAN Card. This Permanent Account Number Card has a 10-digit unique number on it which is used to identify the various taxpayers in the country. Your PAN card will be valid for a lifetime because it is not affected by any change in your address.
Why do you need A PAN Card?
According to RBI PAN is required in the following transaction:
- Opening of new Bank Account.
- Filling an Income Tax return.
- Applying for a loan
- Applying for Gas and telecommunication.
- Purchase and sell any property.
- Opening fix deposit
- Making Insurance Premium Payments
How to Apply for it Online?
We have provided a few easy steps which will help you apply for a pan card. From these steps, you will receive a physical hard plastic PAN card at your doorstep. Although, you need some scanned documents for your new PAN Card i.e. Adhar Card PDF under 300Kb. Your passport-size photo and signature both should be below 50Kb.
- Vist URL: https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html
- Choose the Application type “New PAN-Indian Citizen Form 49A” and the Category to ” Individual“.
- Provide all other details i.e. Name, Mobile no., Email then accept the term and conditions
- Fill in the provided Captcha and submit.
Now, You will receive a token number under this token number you have to fill out the application for the next 30 days. However, Kindly note or save that token number for filling up the next application process you will need that token number for checking the status of your PAN Card.
Steps to fill up your Application.
Moving on to the next step. In the Personal Detail section. In the application document submission, you will get three options. However, if you want to match your Adhar card photo to your PAN Card photo then choose “Submit scanned images through e-Sign” otherwise choose “submit digitally through e-KYC & e-Sign (Paperless)”
- In the physical card option choose yes if you want a physical hard card for which they will charge you Rs 109 to apply for a pan card.
- Enter the last 4 digits of your Adhar.
- Choose your gender and fill in the detail of your Parents and press submit.
However, keep saving all your steps and documents after every section this will help you from losing data.
After Personal details, you have to fill out Contact and other details.
- In the source of income choose ” No Income” if you are a college student or if you want your income to be disclosed and then choose it accordingly.
- Choose an applicable location in the home and office and provide its address of it. The address should exactly match your Adhar Card address.
- In”Representative Assessee” Chose Yes If you are applying for any minor candidate who has not attained the age of 18.
In the next section choose AO, Although in the bottom section you will find out a tool to find out your AO code. Kindly select the nearest Income Tax office to your location and the site will automatically fill up your AO code.
Sumbit the documents as Proof.
In this section, you will find out three options for your address, name, and date of birth. You can choose Adhar Card for these options to apply for a pan card. Note your passport photo and signature should be less than 50kb and your provide document as proof should be in Pdf format and under 300kb.
After your application is submitted. You will be redirected to a new page where you have to fill first 4 digits of your Aadhar Card and check all the details carefully. After that select the payment option and pay Rs 109.