After being launched in September last year, LG launched the K42, the latest smartphone in the K series, in India. It has a 6.6 20: 9 HD + FullVision punch-hole display and a quad-camera array consisting of a 13MP rear camera, 5MP ultra-wide, 2MP depth camera and 2MP macro camera.
It features LG’s 3D sound engine, 4000mAH battery, and side-mounted fingerprint sensor, and has been rigorously tested for durability by strict US military standard tests — MIL-STD-810G. There is a dedicated Google Assistant button. Press the Assistant button once to launch the Google Assistant immediately, and twice to launch a visual snapshot showing the weather, schedule, and other information.
LG K42 specifications
- Android 10
- 2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 (MT6762) 12nm processor with 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS / GLONASS, USB Type-C (USB 3.1 Gen 1 Compatible)
- 3GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- 6.6-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) 20:9 HD+ FullVision Display
- 4000mAh built-in battery
- 13MP rear camera, 5MP 115° Ultra-wide sensor, 2MP macro sensor, 2MP depth sensor, LED Flash
- 8MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, LG 3D Sound Engine
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor, Google Assistant Button
- Dimensions: 165.0 x 76.7 x 8.4 mm; Weight: 182g
- MIL-STD 810G Compliance
The LG K42 is available in green and grey colours and is priced at Rs. At 10,990, it will be available from Flipkart from January 26th.